June 1-5, 2015
City Project Week is hosted every year by Grace Church & Restoration Now. During the week, we serve our community through home repairs and Vacation Bible School in the Cloverleaf mobile home park. On Mon/Wed/ & Friday we have reflection dinners to share and pray about what God is doing. Join Us!
How Can I Help?
First and foremost, we need PRAYER for the project and VBS – that God would be preparing hearts (both ours and those receiving our services).
Secondly, we need volunteers and donations. To volunteer, see the options below. To donate, submit a check or payment to Grace Church with “City Project” or “VBS” as the memo.
Current Donation Needs:
- Jesus Story Book Bibles (Spanish version) – $10 per book – checks can be made out to Grace Church
- Tin Foil for VBS crafts – drop off downstairs in Children’s Ministry room
- Empty cereal boxes for VBS crafts – drop off downstairs in Children’s Ministry room
- Donations for supplies for the project – checks can be made out to Grace Church
1. Host an EVENING FELLOWSHIP DINNER
On Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings, gather with us to enjoy good food and good company.
2. Volunteer for VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL @ CLOVERLEAF
Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at 4412 E. Mulberry St. Fort Collins, CO 80524.
During City Project week, we will be having Vacation Bible School in Cloverleaf mobile home community. This is not just for Cloverleaf kids, it is also for Grace kids ages 4 and up! Grace’s high school and middle school youth groups will be helping with VBS. If your children will be attending, please let Stephanie Mikkelsen know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Volunteer to work on the PROJECT
Monday through Friday, 9a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Donations towards City Project / VBS: Please make checks payable to Grace Church with “City Project” in the memo line.
- At least 10 volunteers / day for work projects: If you are able to volunteer, please sign up here:
What to Expect:
For work projects please plan to bring: hand tools (drills and hammers etc.), gloves, comfortable old clothes, sunglasses, and sunscreen. All workers will need to sign a liability waiver. We need as many workers (skilled and unskilled) as possible to make these projects happen! Half-day workers are also welcome — if your schedule does not allow you to work a full day, consider a half-day.
4. Provide CHILDCARE for those working on the project or with VBS
RSVP for Childcare: If you will need childcare at the church (for children up to age 3 – children ages 4+ may attend VBS), please contact Stephanie Mikkelsen (email@example.com)
5. Volunteer to PROVIDE LUNCH FOR WORKERS ON SITE
We like to honor our volunteers who work on the project by bringing them lunch each day. This is a HUGE need and one that so often does not get filled. Please consider signing up for this. If it seems too big to handle by yourself, grab a friend and sign up together. Bringing take out or pizzas is always acceptable. It does not have to be a home cooked meal!