June 24-28, 2013
City Project is hosted every year by Restoration Now mercy ministry, a ministry of Grace Church. During the week, we will be doing various home repair projects, as well as a Vacation Bible School in the Cloverleaf mobile home park. We are looking for volunteers.
- Donations towards City Project / VBS: Please make checks payable to Grace Church with “City Project” in the memo line.
- At least 10 volunteers / day for work projects: If you are able to volunteer, please email Matt Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, email address, phone number, day(s) you are able to work and whether you are able to work morning, afternoon, or a full day!
- Lunches for Volunteers: We need people to provide lunches for the volunteers working on home repair projects! If you are interested in helping, please contact Libby Newell (email@example.com or 912-344-7334).
- RSVP for Childcare: If you will need childcare at the church (for children up to age 3 – children ages 4+ may attend VBS), please contact Heather Hoppin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RSVP for fellowship dinners: Please RSVP with hosts of fellowship dinners if you will be attending. If you need contact information for hosts, please email email@example.com.
*If you are interested in volunteering with City Project or VBS, there will be a brief volunteer meeting during the kick-off grill-out after church on Sunday, June 23.
Vacation Bible School @ Cloverleaf
Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at 4412 E. Mulberry St. Fort Collins, CO 80524.
During City Project week, we will be having Vacation Bible School in Cloverleaf mobile home community. Grace’s high school and middle school youth groups will be helping with VBS. If you are interested in volunteering, or if your children will be attending, please contact Heather Hoppin (firstname.lastname@example.org). Donations are needed for supplies.
City Project Work Projects
Monday through Friday, 9a.m. to 4 p.m. We will be working on the home of Ethel Jones, 400 Hickory St, Lot 61, Fort Collins, CO 80524. The home is located in Hickory Village mobile home park, in North Fort Collins. Take College Ave. north. Just past Jax Outdoor Gear and Ken’s Muffler & Brake, turn left on Hickory St. Turn right on Maple St., past office. Turn right on Aspen St. Third home on the left. Home has a porch and a garage.
Needs: Porch roof needs replaced, bathroom sink needs fixed, paneling in guest bathroom needed, swamp cooler needs new water pump, racks need installed on refrigerator, wood siding is rotten, water leak in house and garage, wood steps to porch are in bad condition, could use some landscaping work (weeding, maybe plant some flowers), perhaps painting.
Ethel is 80 years old. She has family but none nearby. She would love to sit and talk with anyone. She could use a new friend or two to help her occasionally. She has requested that someone take her to church on Sundays.
For work projects please plan to bring: hand tools (drills and hammers etc.), gloves, comfortable old clothes, sunglasses, and sunscreen. All workers will need to sign a liability waiver. We need as many workers (skilled and unskilled) as possible to make these projects happen! Half-day workers are also welcome — if your schedule does not allow you to work a full day, consider a half-day. If you are interested in volunteering, please email Matt Sullivan (email@example.com) with your name, email address, phone number, day(s) you are willing to work and whether you are able to work morning, afternoon, or full day!
Do you need childcare? If you need child care please contact Heather Hoppin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the day / time you are interested in, how many children you are bringing, and their ages. (Children age 4+ may attend VBS.)
Can you work childcare? Volunteers NEEDED to WORK in the nursery for full day or half day session Full day 9-3/ Half day either 9am-12pm or 12pm-3pm
Evening Fellowships Dinners
EVERYONE IS INVITED – Even if you weren’t able to work, please come to any of the dinners. We will need your RSVP on all the dinners for the hosts to properly prepare! Thanks!
- Sunday June 23 (Kick off Grill-out after church)
- Tuesday June 25 beginning at 6:30 at the Pasricha’s (2030 Constitution Ave. Fr. Collins 80526; email@example.com)
- Thursday June 27 beginning at 6:30 at the Lowes (2237 Iroquois Dr. Fort Collins, 80525; 970-412-8551)
- Friday June 28 beginning at 6:30 (City Project/VBS party with grill-out, music and fellowship) at the Simmons’ house (37148 Dickerson Ct. Severence, CO 80550; 970-215-2290)